Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

WATER FOR THE WORLD


I know the average human body is around 50% to 65% water. I know life as it is wouldn’t exist without water. Moreover, I know billions, yes, billions of people have no access to water or get contaminated water, some have to walk miles under the sun to get the vital liquid or have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to be able to drink potable water, and when I take showers until my fingers are wrinkle like  grandma hands or when I open the faucet and let the water run while washing the dishes I feel guilty taking for grated such a precious treasure, however I still do it. How is that possible?
For all these reasons and because I want to change my approach to this problem I can't wait to enjoy the FESTIVAL FOR THE WATER.
This amazing WATER celebration and awareness festival presented by Water for the People and the AWWA (American Water Works Association) will not just bring tons of fantastic music but will help all of us to find a way to be conscious about the water crisis and how to take action to help the planet to surpass this difficult situation.
On June 9th the Civic Center Park will become a Nationwide focal point on this issue. Local bands The Motet and Broken Tongues, as well as New Orleans Brass Funk Rock band Bonerama will be performing while some of the most recognizable Food Trucks in town will delight everyone with their delicacies donating 10% of all sales to the cause.


Let's do something about this worldwide need!

Let's have a good time while taking action in this issue!

Let's make a change!



Where: Civic Center Park
When: June 9th from 4pm to 9pm
Why: Because this event is going to make you feel like a million bucks. As you are part of the Universe.

The Event is Free, however try to contribute anyway you can.










The Bands LInks, Check out their work.


THE MOTET

BONERAMA

BROKEN TONGUES

By Loren Escandon

No comments:

Post a Comment