Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Canvas and Cocktails





















A couple of weeks ago I went with a few friends to Canvas and Cocktails in Cherry Creek. I had no expectations going in,which I believe it helped me see the experience with an open mind.
Yes, I liked it! The place is well set up and conducive to fun.
The front of the store has a small boutique with cloths, hats and other accessories. The bar is located to the right of the entrance and offers wines (glass or bottle) and beer, and on the weekends they also offer Mimosas and Sangria, which I might do with my girlfriends one of these days.

Everyday there are different classes being offered, we went for the Wine Bottle Painting class. I was wondering how that was going to work since I am really not a painter on flat let alone on a round object. The set up is simple and streamline, no confusions here, pick up an apron, collect your paint, go to your table where brushes and water are already set and wait for the class to start.





The class is very dynamic and entertaining, with music to help you get painting juices flowing. Instructions are detailed step by step following the instructor. Between steps the music gets louder and the wine gets lower, while the instructor goes around the room answering any questions and encouraging the new found painters.
In the end we all get to walk away with our masterpieces, but the fun was had and the experience is the highlight of the evening
I highly recommend this activity, whether you live in the city and want a fun night out with a group of friends, or if you are visiting and would like to get a bit tipsy while creating a memory.

By Paula Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment