Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

BLACK ARTS FESTIVAL

http://www.colbaf.org/images/CBAF_AAS_art.jpg

I am very excited about this festival. I have the feeling this is my chance since I moved to the States to reconnect with my roots. Because I am, what it is called now, Afro Colombian. My dearest friends in Colombia called me Negrita, which means “Little Black”, that was my nickname and it made me happy. Like me, there are Afro descendants everywhere and their culture is palpable even when it doesn't seem obvious. Music, sense of style and food, when influenced by Afro predominance is very particular, full of colors, flavors, fun. It is a poesy dedicated to life. It is the perfect combination between melancholy and happiness. It is tragic and passion story that a grandma tells you before going to bed. All those are the reasons I can’t wait to enjoy the Colorado Black Arts Festival. This is the 27th Annual festival and those 3 days will feature the best of Black music, dance, painting, performers, visual arts, photography, theater and film.
The Colorado Black Arts Festival is the one of the fifth largest African American arts festivals in the US, so you know the party is worth trying.
I will be there dancing to the rhythm of the drums, of my heart, celebrating my roots in this exciting occasion that could become the greatest fete of the season. Are you?

Just in case...
Tickets:
No need the event is FREE
Times: 
10 am to 8 pm
Venue:
City Park (17th Ave & Colorado Blvd)

By Loren Escandon



No comments:

Post a Comment